Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thank You God For Saving The Day!

Every night I pray with my kids before bed. I started doing this about two years ago when my oldest started having trouble sleeping at night. My oldest worries a lot and so praying before bedtime helps calm his fears. It's now a habit in our household and the kids do not go to sleep without praying first. Our daughter has a different bedtime and room so her prayer time is just for her. When I began the prayer routine with her I would always thank God for my sweet little Hadlee. A few months ago she asked if she could pray first. My heart just about bursted open " yes, sweet heart I think you praying first is a great idea". So she began, "Dear God, thank you for me and thank you for saving the day"! ( We watch a lot of super hero cartoons in our house with two boys) I kissed her on the forehead and told her great job sweetie. So every night from then on she thanks God for herself and for saving the day. I laughed at her innocence and didn't think anything of it until God pointed it out very clearly that He does save the day, everyday, wether I thank Him for it or not. It's funny how my three year old gets it, my 10 year old and 7 year old get it, but I can't seem to grasp it. I need God everyday to save my day and to thank Him for it before I can close my eyes at night. I love how my daughter put God and saving the day together. When you watch super hero cartoons the good guys are always saving the day. Funny to compare spiritual warfare to super heroes but it's the same idea. See, everyday there are invisible battles going on around us that we are unaware of most of the time. I do believe the closer you walk with the Lord the more aware you are of what's taking place around you. So God is literally saving the day in ways I can't even imagine and fathom. The battles that I do see are As I write this I am surrounded by bills, plans for a women's dinner and a grocery list for next week. I stress over ever detail that is out of place daily. God is ready to save my day. He is ready to take the burden of finances away, the burden of expectations and planning off my shoulders and to show me the joy in getting to buy groceries to feed my family because of so many who do not have that opportunity.  It's so easy to become overwhelmed with the busyness of each day. As a mom of three I can always find something that needs to be cleaned or picked up, an errand that needs to be accomplished or bills that need to be paid. The hectic life becomes the "normal" and I quickly forget who is in charge and has the real plans for the day. And that's a scary place to be if you ask me. What's the point of the crazy hectic day if God's not included? If all I had in my life was the "normal" routine day in and day out I would lose my mind. I am not kidding.  Here's the truth. I am a pastor's wife and so I feel like people may see that the things I "do" only happen because I'm married to a preacher. It can be seen as my job to attend church, sing special music, write a blog, teach Sunday school, read my bible or Christian books. So I want to be very blunt, I do none of those things because I am a preacher's wife! I am a child of God! I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior when I was nine and have never once regretted it or doubted my decision. I love God! I love God more than anything or anyone else. Jesus is my Savior, I am in awe and overwhelmed by His love for me therefore I attend church to learn more about Him and to worship Him with other believers, I sing because it's one of the ways I can worship Him, I write a blog to talk about Jesus and what He is doing in my life in hopes that some one else will want what I have in Him. I teach because I believe that is one of my spiritual gifts and honestly when you love someone why would you not want to teach someone else about them.  I read God's Word because it is food for my soul, it strengthens me on the hard days, gives me hope in the dark moments and guides me on how to love my husband and kids. I read all the time because I like too! It's that simple and I don't want to fill my mind with anything that doesn't bring praise and honor to God so I read Christain books. I am a sinner saved by Grace and I am so grateful for my relationship with Jesus. I guess what I'm saying is God saves my day...everyday! 

No comments: